Assisted Living Retirement Villages
Our assisted living facilities enable you to live independently with a little extra support
What Is Assisted Living?
Do you feel that you need a little extra help from time to time? Perhaps dressing yourself is becoming difficult, or you require some assistance getting out of bed in the morning? If so, finding assisted living retirement villages might be the best option for you, in order to have the best quality of life. Hawthorns retirement villages with assisted living offer a combination of stimulating activities and social engagements, alongside a companionable atmosphere where you can make friends and enjoy the later years of life. Through our network of hourly care agencies we can support you to find the right level of extra care assistance. So whether you require assistance with bathing or dressing, hourly care agencies can provide you with the peace of mind that all of your needs are taken care of.
How to Know When Assisted Living is Required
One of the most difficult decisions we face is how we take care of the people we love and care for in their later years of life. More often than not, there comes a point where the elderly can’t live on their own, so the decision about assisted living comes into question.
So, how do you know when assisted living is required? If you or your relatives are having trouble with general day-to-day activities, such as bathing, getting in and out of bed, and cooking or eating, then it may be time to explore the options available. Worsening medical conditions, the feeling of isolation, and poor hygiene and frailty may also be indicators that help at home is required, and in that case, assisted living may be the most sensible option.
The Advantages of Retirement Assisted Living Communities
- Independence – Assisted living enables those who wish to remain living independently to continue doing the activities they enjoy, while receiving the support they need from an hourly care agency in order to be able to do so.
- Access to support – Hawthorns staff are available on a 24-hour basis for emergency help and we have relationships with domiciliary hourly care agencies who can assist with your care needs. Your trips into town for shopping and appointments is taken care of by the Hawthorns minibus.
- Lifestyle – Living with others in one of our assisted living retirement communities can help to reduce feelings of loneliness. Mealtimes and regular group activities can help to build a positive sense of normality, with the option to take part in as much or as little activity as suits and develop your own daily routine.
- Assisted living facilities – Our on-site assisted living facilities offer everything from hair salons to cinema rooms and therapy suites, as well as daily housekeeping services and table service.
- Peace of mind – Assisted living offers a secure environment for residents, providing peace of mind for families that their loved one is safe and well.
What are the Requirements to Live in Assisted Living?
Hawthorns retirement villages are an excellent choice for people who have a high level of independence but might need extra home care support. We can introduce you to a number of hourly home care agencies who regularly visit the Hawthorns. We can help you speak to these agencies and find the one that suits you best. They will then undertake an evaluation to gauge the individual’s health and needs. These checks will ensure that the needs of either yourself or the loved one you are considering assisted living for can be catered for by the hourly care agency.
What are the Costs Involved for Assisted Living Retirement Villages?
Considering assisted living? It’s important to fully understand the costs involved in moving into an assisted living retirement village with the addition of care services from a domiciliary care agency. At The Hawthorns, we understand that transitioning from living independently in your own home into assisted living facilities can be daunting. We try and keep everything as simple as possible, so If you’d like more advice and information on the specific costs involved, or to discuss financing options, then please view our financing page. In addition, costs from an hourly care domiciliary care agency start at 30 minutes a day and are priced according to need.